Friday, August 2, 2019

Cook, live, love

I love cooking, I find it relaxing. When I am in the kitchen I am happy, creative and free. I love being able to look at a recipe and twist to how it suits me. Cooking and baking has this way of putting me in the best possible mood - I love the way that food brings people together.

I always look at cooking and baking as a way of socializing. The way you spend hours in the kitchen creating and then being able to nourish people once you are done. I love watching my husbands face when he is eating something I have made for him, I love watching my son get food all over his face from enjoying it so much that he cant take a breath. I love that when people come over you can offer them a piece a cake and suddenly their day is made.

Food is such a massive part of our lives, we need food to live and it just happens that it makes for the best conversation starters. The sad part of our generation though is that people now like to judge you for what you eat. I began to get sucked into this, I use to care what others thought of me when I ate; what if they were judging me about how much I eat, and what I eat. I began to let this consume me, I worried constantly about what people thought of me. When I fell pregnant with my second baby MacGregor all I was worried about was not putting on weight throughout my pregnancy and then once I had had him I was only concerned about getting rid of my baby weight. So much so that I started dieting at 6 weeks post partum, I jumped straight into it, I cut right back on food and I ended up in hospital with lactation ketoacidosis.
This woke me up! It was a sure punch in the gut! I cam home from hospital and took a long hard at myself and I decided to jump straight into the kitchen and start making recipes and creating meals.

So this brings me to my point, I am going to start sharing my recipes with you to enjoy and to share with your family friends! ** Note that all recipes can be modified to suit your needs!**

CHOC BLISS BALLS

INGREDIENTS
- 1 Cup chopped date
- 1/2 Cup chia seeds
- 1/2 Cup nuts of choice
- 1/4 Cup cocoa
- Splash of water

METHOD
- Place all ingredients into food blender (add water as you need it is mixture is too dry)
- Roll a spoonful together
- Once all mixture is rolled ensure to store them in a cool dry place

 
 

#mumlife #mumofboys #mumblog #mum #mumblogger #countrylife #lifestyle #country #countrymum #saddler #saddle #family #familylife #Glenmorgan #countryfamily #love #beautiful #son #mumandson #husband #husbandandwife
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment